MCAS (My Child at School) Parent Portal Account Information
First time setup / Redeem an Invitation Code:
(More detailed guides can be found in the documents section below)
Click on the link in the invitation email, this should open a web browser with the prefilled account information or:
- Redeem Invitation Code link
- Input the School ID: 13860 and
- the username (please make note of this as this is remains your account username)
- and invitation code
- An email address is required to validate your account for password resets and account detail recovery.
- Note: When creating a Password, it must meet the following criteria:
|-8 or more characters
-1 special character (!$+_)**Please see note below
|-1 uppercase character
-1 lowercase character
|-1 numeric character|
Logging in / Password Error
**If you have set a password but are unable to log in with your username and password - please reset your password using the below as special character options:
! (exclamation mark)
$ (dollar sign)
Already use MCAS with another school?
If you already use MCAS with another school and are using the phone app please follow the instructions below to add the AFMS account to the app:
- in the app click on the Accounts icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the + symbol then from here, you can either:
- go through the Redeem Invitation Code process,
- or, if you have already set up the additional account, enter the AFMS school ID, username, and password to add the account to the app.
The web version does not combine schools. Logins are separate for each school.
Logging in after setting up the account:
In either the app or the MCAS login website, input the School ID: 13860, your username, and the password you set when you redeemed your invitation code.
To Toggle Between Multiple Students
In the app or on the website, click on the name of the child next to their photograph, this will open a list of other children associated with the user account.
To switch between each child, click on the photograph or name to show the drop down list.
Account holders WILL NOT be able to see each other’s details through MCAS but they will both be able to see the child's details separately through their own MCAS Accounts.
Why do I receive some communications in the app and some to my email address?
SMS texts and plain text emails can be sent to the app but emails with links in them (such as Google forms) are sent to your email address.
Pupils can log in to Google Drive to complete and save work. Access to your Google Drive and Google Classroom is available both in and out of school.
- Click the image above or click here to go to Google.
- Sign in with your usual user ID and password.
- You will need to add @astonfields.worcs.sch.uk after your ID the first time you sign in on any computer/device. You can copy and paste it from here.
As part of our Microsoft licensing agreement, all pupils have access to an Office 365 account. This provides access to Office 365 online, with the option to install Office on up to 5 devices.
To access their account pupils can click the image above or go to office.com in the same way that they access Google by signing in with their usual user ID and password, adding the: @astonfields.worcs.sch.uk to the end of their user ID.
School Cloud - Parents' Evening
Parent Login: https://astonfieldsmiddle.schoolcloud.co.uk/